484
As you can see, Serge isn't the only one who went fishing at Knitsley last week.  
Paul had a go as well; all he caught was a cold.
You can see more pictures of Serge's big day out on his blog.  
Click on his photo on this page and follow the links to his blog.  Or use this link:

MESSAGES FROM BRENDA
I’ve received a couple of emails from Brenda that are indubitably worth sharing with you.

This is the first...

‘WOMAN STOPS ALLIGATOR ATTACK WITH BERETTA PISTOL

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. 

What is the smallest calibre that you would trust to protect yourself?  A Beretta Jetfire testimonial.




While out walking along the edge of a bayou just below Houma, Louisiana with my soon-to-be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft alligator suddenly emerging from the murky water and charging us with its large jaws wide open.  It must have been a female protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive.  If I hadn’t had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 calibre pistol with me, I would not be here today! 

Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took.  The alligator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.  It's one of the best pistols in my collection!  Plus ... the amount I saved in lawyer's fees was more than worth the purchase price of the gun....’


And this is the second...

'THIS SAYS IT ALL

Pythagoras' Theorem: ............................................24 words

Lord's prayer:.........................................................66 words

Archimedes' Principle: ...........................................67 words

Ten Commandments: ...........................................179 words

Gettysburg address: .............................................286 words

US Declaration of Independence : .....................1,300 words

US Constitution with all 27 Amendments:...........7,818 words

EU regulations on the sale of CABBAGES:….    26,911words'


Thanks, Brenda - a sheer joy.

* * *
IAN’S JOURNEY TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH - AND BACK
And, again, thanks to Brenda for the email she’s sent me about a possible cruise in a vintage steamer up the coast of British Columbia from Vancouver.  If the timings are right, it’s a trip I’ll definitely be making.

And gigantic thanks, too, to Val, who has written me a kind of personal guide-book based on her experiences of Singapore and New Zealand.  It’s a veritable classic of travel-writing literature.  Val should expand and extend it and have it published.  I (for one) would by a copy.

So...after Hong Kong, Singapore, Perth, Sydney, New Zealand and Vancouver...where will I be going next?

San Francisco - that’s where.

Notwithstanding the enormous amounts of envy that I hope I am generating, I’d love to hear from you if you’ve been to San Francisco, or if you know someone who has or if you have always wanted to go.

Get in touch...

And thanks again to everyone who already has.

* * *
CONTACT ME
Post comments on this blog or email me:  truckshunters@googlemail.com

No comments: