367
BY A STRANGE COINCIDENCE....

....I've been in France during the celebrations in England for the Queen's diamond jubilee because it's also been Serge's birthday.

While I've been here, I've received two intriguing images via email.

The one above was painted by my friend Yvon, who lives in Provence.  We stayed in his house during our Provençal holiday last year.  I think it's stunning and have suggested that he submits it to Buckingham Palace.  If they had any sense, they'd pay him handsomely for it.

The other image is perhaps less likely to attract so high a fee from Her Majesty.  It was made for Serge's birthday by our friend Dominique, who is a graphic illustrator working in Paris.

I'm not sure which of the two I like better.  So I think I will print and frame them both.

------------------------------------

AGM XXXIII
Our next AGM will take place at 1100 on Thursday 21 June at Birkheads Nursery, between Sunniside and Stanley.

A splendid time is guaranteed for all.  No, seriously.

-----------------------------------------

CONTACT ME
Post comments on this blog or email me:  truckshunters@googlemail.com

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Well, if I don't get another job (part time) then I will try my very very best to find Birkheads (near where I used to live I think) and really look forward to seeing all Truckshunters at the AGM on 21st June