449
In this blogposting…
* The Royal Oak Quiz 2
* Stranger Than Fiction
* The Rottweiler
Take it from here…

* *

THE ROYAL OAK QUIZ 2
Here are the answers to The Royal Oak Quiz 2, set in posting 447.

01 Hulk Hogan
02 Liver
03 Hydrogen
04 Alexandra
05 Argo
06 France
07 Ruby Walsh
08 The Iron
09 Chile
10 Dougal
11 Kendal Mint Cake
12 Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset
13 Films
14 Jessie J
15 Igneous, Metamorphic, Sedimentary
16 Egypt
17 Turtle
18 Spain
19 Richard Griffiths
20 Red

In the correct order, Europe’s five largest cities are...Moscow, Istanbul, London, Paris and Madrid

The answers to the questions about pubs were…
01 Q
02 Newton & Ridley
03 The Royal Oak
04 2007
05 CAMRA

The tie-breaker answer is 1922 and the ‘snowball’ answer is 124.

How well did you do?  My miserable score was 12 so I don’t think I would be any help at all as a quiz team member at The Royal Oak.

Thanks again to Ross for sending me these quizzes.  More anon!

* *

STRANGER THAN FICTION:  THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU DIDN’T KNOW
Pay attention - these two arcane bits of pure trivia may well pop up in a future Royal Oak quiz…

* Fanny Cradock’s maiden name was Primrose-Peachy…
* The world’s largest-ever cabbage was grown in 1865 by William Collingwood of Swalwell…It was 4ft 2in high (1.27m), had a circumference of 7yds 5ins (6.527m) and weighed 123lbs (55 kilos).

* *

THE ROTTWEILER
This joke was sent to me by Eric and Jean.  I reckon it’s pretty good.

‘It was the Scotland v Wales rugby international weekend in Edinburgh.

As the crowds made their way down Princes Street towards Murrayfield, a Rottweiler suddenly lunged towards an eight-year-old Scottish lass, with its jaws wide open ready to attack.

The crowd nearby gasped in horror but, quick as a flash, a man in red jumped out of the crowd, grabbed the dog by the throat and throttled it.

As the dead dog lay there, and the crowd cheered in admiration, a journalist from the Glasgow Herald, who had witnessed the heroic deed, went up to the man and said, 'That was brilliant, I can see the headline now -

'
Welsh Rugby Fan Saves Young Girl From Certain Death!'.

The man replied, 'No you've got it wrong.  I'm not here for the rugby!'

‘Don't worry' said the journalist, 'I can see the headline now -
'Welshman Saves Girl From Jaws Of Rottweiler!'.’

The man replied, 'No you're wrong again.  I'm not Welsh; I'm from London.'

The journalist said, 'Don't worry; I can see the headline now -
'English Bastard Strangles Family Pet!'.’

* *
CONTACT ME
Post comments on this blog or email me:  truckshunters@googlemail.com

No comments: