432
In this blogposting...
* The Receptionist
* The Daily Wisecrack
* Romancing the Wind
Once more unto the breach...

--------------------------------------

THE RECEPTIONIST
Thanks to Brenda for sending me this...

‘Frank had an appointment to see the urologist who shared offices with several other doctors.

The waiting room was full of patients.  As he approached the receptionist's desk, he noticed that she was a large unfriendly woman who looked like a Sumo wrestler.  He gave her his name.

In a very loud voice, the receptionist said, ‘Yes, I have your name here.  You’ve come to see the doctor about impotence, right?’

All the patients in the waiting room snapped their heads around to look at the very embarrassed Frank.

He recovered quickly, and in an equally loud voice replied, ‘No, I’ve come to enquire about a sex-change operation but I don’t want the same surgeon who did yours....’’


--------------------------------------

THE DAILY WISECRACK
And speaking of wisecracks...

Here’s another septic-tankful of bile-laden wisecracks received from various sources over the last few weeks.  I’m blushing as I type.  And laughing...

* We all spring from apes - but you didn’t spring far enough.
* Your dog is so stupid he chases parked cars.
* I’ll never forget the first time we met - but I’ll keep trying.
* I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening - but this wasn’t it.
* I’m busy at the moment - can I ignore you some other time?
* He’s as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker (or - from another emailer - as useless as a windscreen-wiper on a goat’s arse)
* At least you’re not obnoxious like other people; you’re obnoxious in completely different - and much worse - ways.
* Moonlight becomes you.  Total darkness becomes you even more
* And there he was - reigning supreme at number two.
* Any friend of yours is a friend of yours.


Thanks to all contributors.  Keep ‘em coming...

---------------------------------

ROMANCING THE WIND:  THE KITE-FLYER
Thanks, too, to the many people who have sent me this link recently.  It must be doing the rounds of the internet - and, if you watch it, you’ll see why.

The tagline that comes with it says:

‘The guy flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada. He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year.

His skin is like leather as he normally flies his kites with his shirt off.  He is deaf, so when he flies we hold our hands up and wave them for applause.

He flies two kites with his hands and the third is attached to his waist.

Enjoy!

And - watch right to the end.  You will be amazed.’


http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=nr9KrqN_lIg

If the link doesn’t work, cut and paste it into your internet browser’s Search box.

-----------------------------------

CONTACT ME
Post comments on this blog or email me:  truckshunters@googlemail.com

2 comments:

Hildie said...

Oh no .... just read today's really sad news ... Trevor Grills, a member of The Fisherman's Friends band has died after an accident involving a falling metal door at "G Live"
- where the band was due to play. Paul McMullen, the manager of the band, died yesterday at the scene of the accident. It's so tragic. I saw a documentary on TV about the band a few months ago... did anyone else see it? I think there were about ten of them in the band .... they come from Port Isaac and sing shanties. It was one of those programmes that I wished, afterwards, that I had recorded it because I had enjoyed it so much. They are all fishermen, coastguards and lifeboatmen .....
such dangerous occupations ....


Ian Robinson said...

I'm afraid I'd never heard of the Fishermen's Friends, Hildie. Did you know their music well? I've just read the reports of the accident online - what a terrible thing to happen. That a 'falling metal door' can take two lives is truly awful. To be honest, I'm surprised that the venue has re-opened so quickly....